Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My husband owned a Z650 when we were going out with each other 35 years ago. We would spend all our Saturdays polishing the chrome ready for our Sunday ride-outs. It is a huge part of our history and we often talk about it. I tried to find it for our 35th wedding anniversary with no luck, so am now trying to find it for his 60th birthday.

Here's what I know:

Still UK registered YHY 88V
Last MOT 13 June 2020
Last change of keeper 17/04/2019

I know it is nothing much to go on, but if you have or know anyone who has this bike, I would love to hear from you.

Or if you know of anywhere I can look. Some forums I am not able to ask on as he is a member and I would like to keep it a surprise if I can :)

Any help/advice at all would be great.

Thanks
Sue

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is awesome. Hope you find it. Maybe you could silently join the forum and private message somebody who you think may help. I’m sure they would keep your secret!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is awesome. Hope you find it. Maybe you could silently join the forum and private message somebody who you think may help. I’m sure they would keep your secret!
Thanks for your message, it’s a good idea I will try that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
hi Cea,

the good news is that the 650 is more than likely still alive as its taxed and insured (check out askMID - askMID), and as it has no MOT it means its tucked up in some ones garage at the moment.
To find who is the current owner you can fill out a request form (Request by an individual for information about a vehicle (form V888)) and apply patience while the DVLC minions do their stuff shuffling paper is Swansea.

good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, thats amazing Tim, after all these years I didn’t know that form existed. Thanks I will give it a go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts