Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Could anyone confirm if the blocks in the following link would work to lower the foot pegs on a 2021 Z650?

Thanks,

G

·
Registered
67 Posts
Have you contacted and asked them? It LOOKS like it might work, but without a model-specific listing for it I'd think the manufacturer would be the best one to ask.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you contacted and asked them? It LOOKS like it might work, but without a model-specific listing for it I'd think the manufacturer would be the best one to ask.
Thanks. I have and they replied a "no, not compatible" without giving much justification..
Since I have seen people successfully using one of their product on their Z650, I am wondering what's changed..

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'd ask the next Z650 rider you see who has them to take a close look. They do list them for certain year-models. But I take their "no" as pretty strong evidence that something prevents a straightforward installation on your '21.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'd ask the next Z650 rider you see who has them to take a close look. They do list them for certain year-models. But I take their "no" as pretty strong evidence that something prevents a straightforward installation on your '21.
I saw a post from this site from somebody who ordered the Versys 650 lowering blocks for the Z650. I have just done the same and can confirm they fit perfectly

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for this, which year is your bike?
Thanks
It's a 2020. So these blocks will definitely fit the 2021 model. Moto Werk are also very professional and whilst the blocks are not cheap (to buy in Oz), they are worth it. Comfort is significantly improved and still never scrape the pegs, cause they are so high. (maybe I'm not aggressive enough)!:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did you get the brake lever add-on? Is that necessary?
No I didn't and I haven't regretted not getting it but then again I suppose it may provide a bit more adjustment. I had the same blocks on a 2015 Ninja a few years back and also didn't have the add on. If you ride with big thick boots then it may be necessary to get more adjustment.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@moreorles i received my lowering blocks and had a quick try on the right hand side.
Easy to install and all but i somehow feel like the brake pedal is now too high as a result.
Did you manage to lower yours? How did you do it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
@moreorles i received my lowering blocks and had a quick try on the right hand side.
Easy to install and all but i somehow feel like the brake pedal is now too high as a result.
Did you manage to lower yours? How did you do it?
There is an adjusting nut to give you more travel. It does involve taking the plate off that holds the master cylinder. It’s a bit fiddly but not actually hard to do. I adjusted mine to its max and I’m perfectly happy with the position. I’m only wearing road boots though so if you have thicker chunky boots it may be an issue

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I also have road boots so should be good. Do you happen to have any more details about which nut needs adjusting, please?
I found something in the doc about adjusting the brake light but didn't lead anywhere

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey guys,
Could anyone confirm if the blocks in the following link would work to lower the foot pegs on a 2021 Z650?

Thanks,

G
Ok, Ive just gone and done the job so I can remember what to do.
In the first pic, you can see the brushed aluminum kick / heel plate. This has 2 allen head screws that you need to undo. I think they are 5mm. Taking them out also undoes the master cylinder, but it will stay in position. Then in the 2nd pic you can see the connecting rod/link to the brake pedal and master cyl. It has 12mm nut that you need to loosen using a 12mm "C" or open end spanner. Then use a 10mm "C" or open end spanner and turn the smaller nut. This winds the whole shaft. You are trying to shorten the shaft to make the brake pedal go down. So in the pic on my bike, the 2 nuts are almost together because the shaft is at the limit of adjustment.
Re-tighten the locking nut.
Then put the allen head screws back in. Be careful to start the screws by hand as they screw into the master cylinder and you don't want to cross thread the screws. Maybe use a bit of WD40 on them to help.
Hope this all makes sense. So let me know if I've confused you.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey, @moreorles, I just wanted to pass on some big thank yous for your help with this! I have installed the blocks and lowered brake pedal and shifter. Your photos and write ups were a big help so thanks for taking the time.
The bike feels much better now, too!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey, @moreorles, I just wanted to pass on some big thank yous for your help with this! I have installed the blocks and lowered brake pedal and shifter. Your photos and write ups were a big help so thanks for taking the time.
Awesome! Hope you enjoy the bike as much as I do. I've also added Oxford heated grips which are becoming useful at this time of the year.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts