Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im new here and i just got my z650 about a month ago. I’m 5’3 and curious about lowering my bike just a tad. I can get the pads of my feet to touch but i’d like a little bit more down. I know soupys has a lowering arm for the bike, but it seems like a pain to do and I haven’t seen many on here talk about it. I also heard about getting a shaved seat? This is my first bike so I’m entering the world here and I’m curious about what kinds of options i have. Any advice on this topic or anything really is super appreciated!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi, im new here and i just got my z650 about a month ago. I’m 5’3 and curious about lowering my bike just a tad. I can get the pads of my feet to touch but i’d like a little bit more down. I know soupys has a lowering arm for the bike, but it seems like a pain to do and I haven’t seen many on here talk about it. I also heard about getting a shaved seat? This is my first bike so I’m entering the world here and I’m curious about what kinds of options i have. Any advice on this topic or anything really is super appreciated!
You haven't really got many alternatives. The seat cushion is already low, and you can't afford to lose comfort. Thicker sole boots may help a bit, but you'd really want to try them before committing to buy them. So lowering links may be your best option, even if it does change the geometry of the bike a bit, but I get it that you are wanting a more planted feel when stopped. I don't think it would be too big a job to install the links, or just get a bike shop to install them. You'd need to get the adjustable side-stand as well if you do go that route.

·
Registered
19 Posts
OK,
Boots are the cheapest fix but make sure you can change gear and operate thr footbrake.
I assume you have the rear shock on the lowest setting, you must check this.
You have a few options with regard to replacing the rear shock, a good one will give you much more adjustment for actual seat height.
Next, two mods you can do....either if which will lower the bike. First and easiest (two nuts and bolts) is the drop link connecting the frame to the rocker arms that compress the shock.
Second, swap the rocker arms, these enable the rear swing arm to raise and resulting in a lower seat.
BE CAREFUL....if you lower the rear in any way you must lower the front forks accordingly. If you don't, the handling and great turn in properties of your Z will be altered negatively.
So, I hope this helps, let us know.
Take care.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK,
Boots are the cheapest fix but make sure you can change gear and operate thr footbrake.
I assume you have the rear shock on the lowest setting, you must check this.
You have a few options with regard to replacing the rear shock, a good one will give you much more adjustment for actual seat height.
Next, two mods you can do....either if which will lower the bike. First and easiest (two nuts and bolts) is the drop link connecting the frame to the rocker arms that compress the shock.
Second, swap the rocker arms, these enable the rear swing arm to raise and resulting in a lower seat.
BE CAREFUL....if you lower the rear in any way you must lower the front forks accordingly. If you don't, the handling and great turn in properties of your Z will be altered negatively.
So, I hope this helps, let us know.
Take care.
Thank you for the help! I’ll look into these things

·
Registered
61 Posts
I believe there are lowering kits for these

1 - 6 of 6 Posts