Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, a week ago went on a little cruise on a pretty nice road, it was getting darker, and the road I was on is covered by two little hills on each side with a lot of trees, so even more limited sunlight, i was going about 20-25 in a turn, when my bike slipped right underneath me. After adrenaline wore off, I went to check and found one huge spill of something on the road. I’m good, little rash on hip and that’s it, no scratches on helmet or jacket, (tiny tear on the glove). Now the bad part is that my bike slid into the curb, and if my sliders did all the job needed at first, nothing could’ve saved it from curb. Handlebar bent in after colliding with curb, radiator cracked after hitting curb, tank got damaged too🥲 but I’m hoping that it’s all good and I don’t need to total it, the shop will let me know if there’s any additional damage apart from obvious ones tomorrow or Wednesday, so I’ll keep y’all updated.
Here are the pictures of my bike rn

·
Registered
49 Posts
I also had a low side, but on the right side of the bike. The culprit was a foot-wide tar patch that became slick in the cold weather. Also contributing were cold stock tires that hadn't been scrubbed in. I'll only run Michelin Road 5 tires from now on. Damage to the bike was modest (few hundred bucks). And my full gear left me unscathed. Good luck sorting things out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey guys, a week ago went on a little cruise on a pretty nice road, it was getting darker, and the road I was on is covered by two little hills on each side with a lot of trees, so even more limited sunlight, i was going about 20-25 in a turn, when my bike slipped right underneath me. After adrenaline wore off, I went to check and found one huge spill of something on the road. I’m good, little rash on hip and that’s it, no scratches on helmet or jacket, (tiny tear on the glove). Now the bad part is that my bike slid into the curb, and if my sliders did all the job needed at first, nothing could’ve saved it from curb. Handlebar bent in after colliding with curb, radiator cracked after hitting curb, tank got damaged too🥲 but I’m hoping that it’s all good and I don’t need to total it, the shop will let me know if there’s any additional damage apart from obvious ones tomorrow or Wednesday, so I’ll keep y’all updated.
Here are the pictures of my bike rn View attachment 5353 View attachment 5354 View attachment 5355 View attachment 5356 View attachment 5357 View attachment 5358
Here are the pictures of my bike rn View attachment 5353 View attachment 5354 View attachment 5355 View attachment 5356 View attachment 5357 View attachment 5358
Whow, that's devastating. I'm amazed that the engine cover got damaged even with sliders on.

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Z650
33 Posts
Glad you made it out ok. I took a low side on my Z650 before and ended up having to replace the radiator. Wasn't happy about that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad you made it out ok. I took a low side on my Z650 before and ended up having to replace the radiator. Wasn't happy about that.
Did you end up going aftermarket route or OEM? And if you decided to go through insurance or your own cost?

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Z650
33 Posts
I ended up going the OEM route at an authorized dealer. Tbh I didn’t even know after market was an option. I paid out of pocket...which wasn’t pretty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts