Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my z around 4000 mi and now it has closer to 7000, it has always had the problem of when i let off the throttle on a hard pule and then get back on the throttle (happens the most in second gear) it misfire pretty bad. I was wonderin if this could be solved by a tune or if other maintenance is required?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hm interesting, I bought mine new and it has a similar (maybe same) issue since new. When I get back on the throttle I hear a pop when it happens. I used to think I ran over a stick or a rock or something that popped initially, but then it woudl happen usually in the same spot where the same acceleration condition happened...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hm interesting, I bought mine new and it has a similar (maybe same) issue since new. When I get back on the throttle I hear a pop when it happens. I used to think I ran over a stick or a rock or something that popped initially, but then it woudl happen usually in the same spot where the same acceleration condition happened...
I ended up biting the bullet and getting a tune from a local shop, 700$ all said and done!. The issue got better but is still there so I took the bike back to see if they could do more. Ill keep you updated.

·
Registered
105 Posts
So now you are running your stock tune with the stock exhaust.

Hmm.wonder if it has something to do with the fuel you are using..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So now you are running your stock tune with the stock exhaust.

Hmm.wonder if it has something to do with the fuel you are using..
I’m running yoshimura with V2 of the tube. As far as gas I’m just running the 91 , tried chevron, Valero , and Safeway

1 - 7 of 7 Posts