Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a z650 for over 2 years and I'm kind bored, so i want to see if anyone try to lower and extend the swingarm, also do some clip-on handlebars to do some cafe race style, i don't really know but I'll like to see what you guys think about.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think an extended swingarm is a good idea, it would ruin the handling. Clip-ons work fine, though. I have some pictures with clip-ons here: Clip-ons + fairing + crg mirror
i see your post and other ones but i read that you have to find the way to mount the speedometer, right? and also i don't think we have an option to extend the swingarm, but I'll like to lower the bike a little, also the clip-ons that you install are 41mm and 7/8 or you need a different one?
thanks for your answer by the way.

·
Registered
1992 ZX-7 2017 z650
79 Posts
Yeah, I had to make a mount for the speedometer. I can't remember if I HAD to make a mount or if I just didn't like the stock one. The clip-ons are 41mm and 7/8". These are the ones I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B097TKZXG3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Another member used clubman bars instead of clips, which will get you a similar riding position, but uses the stock handlebar clamp.

You could lower your bike with lowering links (also called "dog bones" because they're shaped like a dog bone). If you lower the back with lowering links, you'll want to drop the front the same amount.

Hope that helps 👍

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I had to make a mount for the speedometer. I can't remember if I HAD to make a mount or if I just didn't like the stock one. The clip-ons are 41mm and 7/8". These are the ones I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B097TKZXG3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Another member used clubman bars instead of clips, which will get you a similar riding position, but uses the stock handlebar clamp.

You could lower your bike with lowering links (also called "dog bones" because they're shaped like a dog bone). If you lower the back with lowering links, you'll want to drop the front the same amount.

Hope that helps 👍
Thanks, that really put me on track

75 Posts
Btw, I sold the bike and still have some parts for sale:
  • HEL brake lines
  • YSS front suspension adjustable parts
  • YSS rear shock fully adjustable (never used, brand new)
  • RSV Racing adjustable rearsets
  • 41mm clip-ons
  • Ermax bellypan

In case someone is interested, I ship worldwide and accept PayPal

1 - 12 of 12 Posts