Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/girls
Bit late to join, but this is my ride, 2017 Z650. Done about 15,000km (nearly 10k miles), mixture of commute, twisties, long tours, etc, all except track days, as I have another bike for that. Hope to upgrade my suspension eventually and giving it a go though.

Love the bike, torque curve is simply a joy. Brakes, seat height, tank size, manageable weight and compliant handling all make it an excellent versatile machine. As you can see from the pics, it has a few mods. Here are the standouts:
Ixil Hyperlow exhaust
Daymaker headlight
MZS levers, Domino handgrips, Rizoma circuit mirrors
Michelin Power RS (F), Battlax S22 (R)
Hepco & Becker Crash bars

And some aesthetic changes (wrapped in black, as here they only come in green or white)
Oh yea, have changed the handlebars to be wider and more forward (see last pic), as the originals are just way too swept back to attack corner entries confidently.

That's it for now, loving seeing other people's rides here and feel free to ask me any questions!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The underground Garage looks spotless!!

Oh and nice bike : )
Any plans for a custom dyno tune?
Thanks!
No plans as of yet, pretty happy with the fueling and power delivery actually. The snatchy throttle did take some getting used to at first, but I'm used to it now. Wouldn't mind having a go on a tuned one to see if the difference is worth it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys/girls
Bit late to join, but this is my ride, 2017 Z650. Done about 15,000km (nearly 10k miles), mixture of commute, twisties, long tours, etc, all except track days, as I have another bike for that. Hope to upgrade my suspension eventually and giving it a go though.

Love the bike, torque curve is simply a joy. Brakes, seat height, tank size, manageable weight and compliant handling all make it an excellent versatile machine. As you can see from the pics, it has a few mods. Here are the standouts:
Ixil Hyperlow exhaust
Daymaker headlight
MZS levers, Domino handgrips, Rizoma circuit mirrors
Michelin Power RS (F), Battlax S22 (R)
Hepco & Becker Crash bars

And some aesthetic changes (wrapped in black, as here they only come in green or white)
Oh yea, have changed the handlebars to be wider and more forward (see last pic), as the originals are just way too swept back to attack corner entries confidently.

That's it for now, loving seeing other people's rides here and feel free to ask me any questions!

What handlebar did you end up with? I love the look of it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What handlebar did you end up with? I love the look of it.
Hi Mattelic,
I'm actually using a Yamaha handlebar from a bike that is produced locally here, Yamaha Xabre. I picked it because of it's very aggressive, almost supermoto type stance. Width is nearly the same, just more straight instead of swept back like the original. Needed to drill one tiny hole on throttle side, but otherwise fitted without a hitch.

Then just put some domino grips on it and WR3 bar ends to complete the look.

I'm sure any handlebar from a similar bike will give a close result, like a KTM Duke.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Mattelic,
I'm actually using a Yamaha handlebar from a bike that is produced locally here, Yamaha Xabre. I picked it because of it's very aggressive, almost supermoto type stance. Width is nearly the same, just more straight instead of swept back like the original. Needed to drill one tiny hole on throttle side, but otherwise fitted without a hitch.

Then just put some domino grips on it and WR3 bar ends to complete the look.

I'm sure any handlebar from a similar bike will give a close result, like a KTM Duke.
It looks great! I might have to look into getting one of those. I changed mine to one by Rizoma, but I'm not sure if I love it yet. Have to go out for some longer rides before I make up my mind.

Thanks so much for letting me know!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts