Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've kept my mods simple as I hate telling the insurance company that the bike has been modified. I've fitted a radiator guard, frame sliders, USB socket, a plate to increase the area of the side stand, a charging lead for an Optimate Charger so it plugs in straight away without sear removal and Givi rack and top box, ugly as hell but super practical. I am currently designing a chain oiler but still waiting for one of the components to arrive from China.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
A few reasons Powerman. I like the satisfaction of making things especially during lockdown. I built my chain oiler for around £25 pounds and I would expect it to cost $25 on your side of the world and the simple Scottoiler retails at around £100GBP and the electronic one even more. I like a bike to be simple so I wouldn't want an electronic oiler and they cost more! With modern engines and all the sensors I would be reluctant to use the Scottoiler vacuum method which I suspect would entail taking off the plastics and the tank. I can also feed the oil on demand when needed. Here's the YouTube video I did of it -
Ryan from Fort9 on YouTube did an excellent film on chain lubricants. We have been ripped off for years since we now use O and X ring chains.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Wow!
Kudos to you, Sir!!

I can tell you've spent quite a bit of time researching and fabricating this setup.
Fortnine is an awesome youtube channel - probably one of the best out there!

Curious - what kind of oil did you use for the blue lube?
I usually use those Maxima fluids which come in compressed cans.

Thanks for sharing your work!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow!
Kudos to you, Sir!!

I can tell you've spent quite a bit of time researching and fabricating this setup.
Fortnine is an awesome youtube channel - probably one of the best out there!

Curious - what kind of oil did you use for the blue lube?
I usually use those Maxima fluids which come in compressed cans.

Thanks for sharing your work!!
thanks for your kind words, the blue oil is Scottoil, it is a low viscosity oil so I find road shit doesnt stick to it. I had 2 litres left over from my last bike. I will keep you posted. The bike isnt getting used much in the winter as the roads are covered in salt to prevent ice. Not sure you do that in Canada where you have real winters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts