Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, on my journey to replace this darn clutch cover I’m running into these needle bearings (see picture).
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Vehicle brake
Has anyone ever had misfortune of replacing/removing them? I’m not going to attempt to remove from the old case because I don’t have a bearing puller and the angle looks like it would be tough anyway so I’m just ordering new ones.
Is the installation of a new set a difficult job, and what are the main steps I should take if it can be completed at home?
Also the oil window, is that just a push in from the front? Had to get a new one of those as well.
Thanks in advance for any tips/info.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After doing a little more research, this is not something I want to tackle myself. Called around local machine shops and motorcycle places to see if they can seat the new bearings. The machine shops said most likely no but would take a look if I brought it in. Called this other motorcycle shop and this guy said yes and sounded pretty confident about it so that’s probably the route I’m going to take. Just gotta wait on the new bearings to come in now.

·
Registered
61 Posts
After doing a little more research, this is not something I want to tackle myself. Called around local machine shops and motorcycle places to see if they can seat the new bearings. The machine shops said most likely no but would take a look if I brought it in. Called this other motorcycle shop and this guy said yes and sounded pretty confident about it so that’s probably the route I’m going to take. Just gotta wait on the new bearings to come in now.
Easy fix. a length of studding put through the bearings a washer at the end slightly under size of the bearing outer. A socket with an inner oversize of the O/D of the opposite bearing, pass the stud through and a washer and nut the other side and wind the bearing out using the nut as a wind in puller. hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Easy fix. a length of studding put through the bearings a washer at the end slightly under size of the bearing outer. A socket with an inner oversize of the O/D of the opposite bearing, pass the stud through and a washer and nut the other side and wind the bearing out using the nut as a wind in puller. hope that makes sense.
That's clever. You have to have just the right size washer though. But quite clever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts