Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's going on everyone. I just purchased a brand new 2020 Z650 a couple weeks ago. I have about 100 miles on it so far.

Coming from an R6 and being 6'2" I love this bike. I'm a motocross guys to the seating position is much more comfortable to me and i feel really good on this bike.

So far all the mods/upgrades I've done
  1. Dominator Full Exhaust (just came in from Poland yesterday)
  2. O2 Sensor Eliminator from KawasakiBrad
  3. DNA High Performance Air Filter
  4. WOMET-TECH TOTAL CRASH PROTECTION PACK from TST Industries
  5. Fender Eliminator (retained the stock turn signals and license plate light)
  6. 2 Piece Wheel decals from Spinning stickers in Sweden
  7. Z650 black powder coated Stainless Steel Radiator Grille Guard Protector
  8. Venom Sport Bike Motorcycle stands Front & Rear Combo
  9. QuadLock Moto Phone mount
  10. WOMET-TECH EVOS SHORTY LEVER KIT from TST Industries
  11. TST MECH-GTR FRONT LED TURN SIGNALS with DRL
  12. TST ECHO REAR LED POD TURN SIGNALS
  13. TST PROGRAMMABLE AND SEQUENTIAL LED INTEGRATED TAIL LIGHT
  14. TECHSPEC GRIPSTER TANK GRIPS
  15. Updated Mirrors
  16. Genuine Kawasaki Accessories Ergo Fit Extended Reach Seat
Future mods/upgrades to come
  1. Dyno Tune and ECU Flash at local Houston Motorcycle shop
  2. MAYBE a Graphics kits
Anyway! Please feel free to share your mods, suggestions, and pictures.

Photo the day i brought it home. Completely stock!

About 4 weeks later after some mods

·
Registered
3 Posts
What's going on everyone. I just purchased a brand new 2020 Z650 a couple weeks ago. I have about 100 miles on it so far.

Coming from an R6 and being 6'2" I love this bike. I'm a motocross guys to the seating position is much more comfortable to me and i feel really good on this bike.
Nice looking bike. Unless I missed it in the mods section, upgrading the stock seat or happy as is? Contemplating upgrading from V300X and the Z650 is towards the top of the list. Figuring out if I would need to modify that seat right off the bat being 6'3" w/35" inseam.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice looking bike. Unless I missed it in the mods section, upgrading the stock seat or happy as is? Contemplating upgrading from V300X and the Z650 is towards the top of the list. Figuring out if I would need to modify that seat right off the bat being 6'3" w/35" inseam.
I actually just bout the upgraded seat. It has not come in yet. I’m probably going to do the peg drop kit also. I went with the Genuine Kawasaki Accessories Ergo Fit Extended Reach Seat. I’m 6’2” with a 34” inseam.
This is what it looks like now with the mods minus the seat

·
Registered
3 Posts
Really nice looking bike for sure. Once you get the new seat on can you give a yay or nay on it? Ergos/comfort opinions differ but any info is definitely appreciated, especially when so close in height and inseam. Hadn't really given this bike much thought until reading more reviews and watching vids. I think it will do more of what I want than the V650 (weight) and N650 (riding position), seems to slot perfectly in between those 2 bikes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really nice looking bike for sure. Once you get the new seat on can you give a yay or nay on it? Ergos/comfort opinions differ but any info is definitely appreciated, especially when so close in height and inseam. Hadn't really given this bike much thought until reading more reviews and watching vids. I think it will do more of what I want than the V650 (weight) and N650 (riding position), seems to slot perfectly in between those 2 bikes.
Check out the OP in this post and the video with it. This is what sold me man.

·
Registered
23 Posts

So far all the mods/upgrades I've done
  1. Dominator Full Exhaust (just came in from Poland yesterday)
  2. O2 Sensor Eliminator from KawasakiBrad
  3. DNA High Performance Air Filter
  4. WOMET-TECH TOTAL CRASH PROTECTION PACK from TST Industries
  5. Fender Eliminator (retained the stock turn signals and license plate light)
  6. 2 Piece Wheel decals from Spinning stickers in Sweden
  7. Z650 black powder coated Stainless Steel Radiator Grille Guard Protector
  8. Venom Sport Bike Motorcycle stands Front & Rear Combo
  9. QuadLock Moto Phone mount
  10. WOMET-TECH EVOS SHORTY LEVER KIT from TST Industries
  11. TST MECH-GTR FRONT LED TURN SIGNALS with DRL
  12. TST ECHO REAR LED POD TURN SIGNALS
  13. TST PROGRAMMABLE AND SEQUENTIAL LED INTEGRATED TAIL LIGHT
  14. TECHSPEC GRIPSTER TANK GRIPS
  15. Updated Mirrors
  16. Genuine Kawasaki Accessories Ergo Fit Extended Reach Seat
Future mods/upgrades to come
  1. Dyno Tune and ECU Flash at local Houston Motorcycle shop
  2. MAYBE a Graphics kits
Anyway! Please feel free to share your mods, suggestions, and pictures.

Photo the day i brought it home. Completely stock!
View attachment 5444

About 4 weeks later after some mods
View attachment 5448
View attachment 5449
Awesome looking bike! Dominator exhaust is something else, I have it for 3 months now an absolutely love it (as long as there's no silencer because then it sounds like supercharged scooter). I'm also a tall rider 6'5" to be exact, and I got a single rider tall seat which did the trick. Just trying to clarify two things here, are you tuned? And also what is the primary purpose of O2 Eliminator, and Air Filter?

Otherwise great looking bike, and good decision on that exhaust)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome looking bike! Dominator exhaust is something else, I have it for 3 months now an absolutely love it (as long as there's no silencer because then it sounds like supercharged scooter). I'm also a tall rider 6'5" to be exact, and I got a single rider tall seat which did the trick. Just trying to clarify two things here, are you tuned? And also what is the primary purpose of O2 Eliminator, and Air Filter?

Otherwise great looking bike, and good decision on that exhaust)
Thanks a lot for the feedback!

I am not tuned yet, but there is a 75% chance that i may in the near future. I have decided yet! The main purpose of the O2 sensor eliminator helps the bike to not run too lean when running an after market exhaust and/or filter. Allows you to completely remove/bypass your O2 sensor and run without it by simply unplugging your O2 sensor, and plug this in it's spot. Stops the factory ECU from auto correcting fuel tables and Stops "Check Engine" light from turning on due to O2 sensor related issues.

O2 Eliminator is commonly used for:
• Running an auto-tune such as Power Commander V
• Installing an aftermarket exhaust with no bung
• Keep the check engine light off when running without any O2
• Tuning
• Troubleshooting
• Broke the stock one and don't want to shell out big bucks to buy it again
• EFI delete/Carburetor conversion

With regards to the Air Filter. The DNA replacement air filters are designed to increase horsepower and acceleration while providing excellent filtration. These filters are washable and reusable and are custom designed to fit into your existing factory air box. Their drop-in design means adding performance is simple. They offer bigger air-flow, with almost 99% filtering efficiency.

The filtering efficiency is extremely high on a DNA Filter at 98-99% filtering efficiency, with 4 layers of DNA Cotton.
  • The flow of DNA Fcd filter is very high, 51.70 % more than the stock pet filter!
  • DNA Fcd air filter flow: 169.60 CFM(Cubic feet per minute) @1,5"H2O corrected @ 25degrees Celsius.
  • Stock pet air filter flow: 111.80 CFM (Cubic feet per minute) @1,5"H2O corrected @ 25degrees Celsius.
  • The DNA filter is designed as a High flow filter for Road & Off road use.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts