Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem as here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Fixxit/comments/cub2ux
I have changed the gearing (front and read sprocket) and in the middle of the ride engine light went on and gear indicator disappeared. Only Neutral works now.The self diagnostic shows error 22.

I have checked the gear indicator and it works properly based on service manual (input and output voltages are as expected).

I wonder if anyone knows what can be the cause? Does ECU compare gear/speed and revolution to somehow figure out the gearing is off? Do I need Speedohealer?

Thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sorry I can't be of much help, but wondering if Tremonte's write up here may be of some use:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have watched his videos but I don't think he addressed the gear indicator issue. It also does not happen right away, but rather during the ride. Like ECU needs a little time to realized something is off... weird

·
Registered
265 Posts
If the gear indication sensor and wheel speed sensor detect more than a ~7% difference from stock settings, it thinks something is wrong and blanks the display with the FI light. The only way to correct it is with an ECU recalibration or be creative and build a voltage divider circuit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts