Kawasaki Z650 banner

New Here!

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  czrlaker 
#1 ·
I went with a friend in 2018 while he traded in his KTM for a Z900. We were at the dealership for a little while and I hadn’t owned a bike in 4 or 5 years. Well while he was doing his transaction I got to looking around and saw a 2017 Matte White with Neon Green subframe and just loved how it looked. I inquired about the price and monthly payments and needless to say I left that day with that same bike. I’ve ridden and owned many bikes but there is just something awesome about this Z that makes it my favorite of all time so far. Living in upstate New York doesn’t warrant much of a season but I’ve done over 10,000 miles with it in the last 2 seasons which is more than all my other motorcycles combined! Only upgrades so far is that I traded in the factory rubbers for Michelin Road 5s and I couldn’t be happier. They held up really good at the Tail of the Dragon in Tennessee and many more routes down there. This year I may look into getting an exhaust and some taller handle bars. Other than that I just love this machine!

#4 ·
That's good to hear. I've been down the sell/trade road a couple times. But it just doesn't seem worth getting rid of this bike.
Same..decided to keep the bike rather than get rid of it since the market value is pretty low once it is used (roughly around CAD $4300 for my 2017 model with 7000 kms on it).
No riding this year as I didnt feel like spending the $2000 for insurance..so it sits in the Garage for now : )

#5 ·
Well my car took a dump. And I don't like riding to work on my current shift (morning) because Im too lazy to prep. (missed it) But been riding in the AM and it's a beautiful 65 degrees in the morning, and a shitty 105 in the afternoon. Year round riding here in CA just not in the daytime in my area it gets to 118 with humidity so night rides only in the summer.

#6 ·
Old man winter is refusing to leave us here in Canada...still rainy, soggy, foggy and cold lol.
Decided to do up my 8 year old Charger this year and keep it for another 5 years...might end up plunking down CAD 10K to do it up again (repaint, body work, maintenance and modifications)...dont feel like buying a new car for the time being.

Definitely looking forward to riding again next year..and do a few bike courses as well.

@czrlaker - did you figure out the issue with your car?

@MisfitMerc - what did you end up deciding to do?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.