Kawasaki Z650 banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yeah he’s been responding into the evening, I’m happy with his attentiveness so far. Hey, did you get your adjusted stock bar ends back yet? Show us what your bike looks like now?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah he’s been responding into the evening, I’m happy with his attentiveness so far. Hey, did you get your adjusted stock bar ends back yet? Show us what your bike looks like now?
I'll be putting my bar ends on tomorrow with the mirrors as well. I will definitely upload a picture!

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Got the RhinoMoto bar ends on with my cheap knock-off Rizoma mirrors. The bar ends look amazing, and the quality is incredible! My photos kind of suck, but here they are (one with old bar ends for reference)

View attachment 5337

View attachment 5338

View attachment 5339

View attachment 5340
Got the RhinoMoto bar ends on with my cheap knock-off Rizoma mirrors. The bar ends look amazing, and the quality is incredible! My photos kind of suck, but here they are (one with old bar ends for reference)

View attachment 5337

View attachment 5338

View attachment 5339

View attachment 5340
That looks Amazing! I don’t know how I missed that notification; I literally was curious why you never sent it and searched “Kawasaki” in my emails lol. They look dope! Can you actually see traffic behind you in them? Or do your shoulders get in the way?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Messed with the mirrors more and I think this placement is better. View attachment 5345 View attachment 5346 View attachment 5347
Man I missed the whole party - I never got these notifications. Looks gorgeous! The 2021 white and Kawie green is a great looking bike. So with the new placements you have after rearranging them, they are probably more practical in terms of being able to look behind you, but keep in mind if you’re allowed to lane-split like we can in California, it’s going to expand your wingspan a lot more, which means your bike will be “wider” and thus need more space when going between cars. Something to keep in mind, but she’s a beauty!

·
Registered
22 Posts
That looks Amazing! I don’t know how I missed that notification; I literally was curious why you never sent it and searched “Kawasaki” in my emails lol. They look dope! Can you actually see traffic behind you in them? Or do your shoulders get in the way?
Yup, I can see traffic! There's definitely a big difference in size with the OEM mirrors, so you don't get as much of a view, but the angle is great for me! And yeah, the Oxford heated grips are almost necessary here in Nova Scotia 😂

On another note, @Claxton can you let us know when Steffen makes the new spacers for you? I offered to send my OEM bar ends, but you beat me to it, and I would love to get the spacer with the notches as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Yup, I can see traffic! There's definitely a big difference in size with the OEM mirrors, so you don't get as much of a view, but the angle is great for me! And yeah, the Oxford heated grips are almost necessary here in Nova Scotia 😂

On another note, @Claxton can you let us know when Steffen makes the new spacers for you? I offered to send my OEM bar ends, but you beat me to it, and I would love to get the spacer with the notches as well.
Haha, living that cold life - nope, not about it lol. So this is my first bike ever, you guys def seem like you’ve been there before. I’m curious, did you manage to find a slip-on for this model? Or are you going full exhaust? What brands are you looking at?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Haha, living that cold life - nope, not about it lol. So this is my first bike ever, you guys def seem like you’ve been there before. I’m curious, did you manage to find a slip-on for this model? Or are you going full exhaust? What brands are you looking at?
Yeah, I've been riding for 6 years now! For exhausts, I just ordered the Two Bros S1R full system. I haven't really looked around for slip-ons to be honest. I held out on getting an exhaust for my previous bike, so I thought I'd treat myself with a full system for the Z650! I bought mine from MotoStarz, they have a few different full systems available for the Z650, looking at those different brands might be a good starting point for slip-ons!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Yeah, I've been riding for 6 years now! For exhausts, I just ordered the Two Bros S1R full system. I haven't really looked around for slip-ons to be honest. I held out on getting an exhaust for my previous bike, so I thought I'd treat myself with a full system for the Z650! I bought mine from MotoStarz, they have a few different full systems available for the Z650, looking at those different brands might be a good starting point for slip-ons!
Ok I’ll check those out, good looking out! The full system seems like a lot of work to install at home... plus you’re right, maybe for my first bike slip-ons are the way to go. Was your previous a Kawie? And do you feel a bit crammed at all on the Z650 compared to the old one?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok I’ll check those out, good looking out! The full system seems like a lot of work to install at home... plus you’re right, maybe for my first bike slip-ons are the way to go. Was your previous a Kawie? And do you feel a bit crammed at all on the Z650 compared to the old one?
It's a very compact bike to begin and the bigger you are the more "crammed" it's going to feel. I'm 6'2" and 220lbs and I don't mind it compared to my old Honda. I am looking into the extended seat and lowering the pegs eventually since I'm a taller rider. I ended up returning those CRG mirrors for a few reasons and went with the rizoma reverse retro bar end mirror. So swapping those out and installing my Fender Eliminator this weekend. I'll post pictures early next week.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
It's a very compact bike to begin and the bigger you are the more "crammed" it's going to feel. I'm 6'2" and 220lbs and I don't mind it compared to my old Honda. I am looking into the extended seat and lowering the pegs eventually since I'm a taller rider. I ended up returning those CRG mirrors for a few reasons and went with the rizoma reverse retro bar end mirror. So swapping those out and installing my Fender Eliminator this weekend. I'll post pictures early next week.
Ok just wanted to make sure I’m not the only one feeling that way or that it isn’t “normal” for every bike. The MT-07s seem to sit a bit taller and I was considering them at first. All in all I’m happy with this bike but I didn’t consider that when I was checking out bikes and def feel crammed around the tank when I sit. Thanks for the adjustment tips, didn’t know about those.
Looking forward to seeing your new mirrors. I was thinking about the cheap version of the CRGs but gonna look yours up now. I’ll be posting soon too!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Funny story, I ordered and received my exhaust, so my dad and I took off the stock exhaust, and then I unpacked the new exhaust, but it was the wrong one, so we had to put the stock back on. It was our first time removing an exhaust, and it really wasn't that difficult, took us about 30 minutes tops! Totally recommend having two people though, more hands is very helpful.
My first bike was a Ninja 250, then I had an old style Ninja 400 (same body as a Ninja 650, smaller engine). I don't personally feel crammed on the Z650, but I'm also only 5'3" 😂

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Funny story, I ordered and received my exhaust, so my dad and I took off the stock exhaust, and then I unpacked the new exhaust, but it was the wrong one, so we had to put the stock back on. It was our first time removing an exhaust, and it really wasn't that difficult, took us about 30 minutes tops! Totally recommend having two people though, more hands is very helpful.
My first bike was a Ninja 250, then I had an old style Ninja 400 (same body as a Ninja 650, smaller engine). I don't personally feel crammed on the Z650, but I'm also only 5'3" 😂
Well that’s reassuring! Did you have to adjust your fuel/air or anything performance-related after changing exhaust?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Promised to post a pic of my girl...
One of you guys should start an upgrade thread 😜

69ABD798-D8B3-40A3-B95E-AC4388BBA3E2.jpeg
3F3B6FF2-61D9-457E-B65A-D3F0DB754085.jpeg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well that’s reassuring! Did you have to adjust your fuel/air or anything performance-related after changing exhaust?
I haven't actually received the new exhaust yet, so I still have the stock exhaust on. But I plan to get my ECU re-flashed over the winter!

As for upgrades thread, such a great idea! I'd be happy to start one, just need to take good pictures of all my upgrades!

21 - 40 of 51 Posts