Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my 2018 Kawasaki z650 about 2 months ago and I ABSOLUTELY love it! Despite all the hate I've received from many friends of it being a 'small, gay ass scooter looking/moped looking motorcycle' I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. Don't care what anyone says, already have 3100 miles on it and have loved every single mile. Excited to what the future holds for my motorcycle and I. Oh and I'm from California, SoCal, Orange County, Santa Ana to be exact, any other riders nearby hit me up so we can go riding!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome dude! I’m a new owner too although I’m only at 200 miles so far and I’ve had a blast. To all those negative comments about your bike I say your buddies are just jealous lol. One of my favorite things about the bike is how small and light it is, gives me a ton of confidence in the twisties, and once I swap the tires it’ll be even sweeter. What color did you get? I picked up the white with green frame, I loved that combo, enjoy your Z.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah true, haters going to hate! I went with the covert green, fell in love with it as soon as I saw it, I liked both of them to be honest, the one I got and the one you got, it was a hard decision actually. WHAT kind of tires are you going to get? I feel like I need to replace mine too, I'm just not 100% confident on them, on occasions I'll feel some slippage and sketches me out. But regardless of anything I love my Z, hope you do too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I get a lot of comments that the bike looks like a bigger, meaner, Grom. Some say it as a dig, but I think its great, and I love the bike no matter what anyone says.

I'm coming up on my first service, and planning on switching out tires around the same time. Take a look at the Michelin Road 5's. Theres a thread on here about them as well, but theyve been highly recommend by a few locals, and they seem to be pretty great.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I get a lot of comments that the bike looks like a bigger, meaner, Grom. Some say it as a dig, but I think its great, and I love the bike no matter what anyone says.

I'm coming up on my first service, and planning on switching out tires around the same time. Take a look at the Michelin Road 5's. Theres a thread on here about them as well, but theyve been highly recommend by a few locals, and they seem to be pretty great.
I am thinking of getting Road 5s too. Do you think its OK to go 1 size up? i like a beefier rear tire.

·
Registered
6 Posts
From California Bay Area

Good Afternoon Folks !!!
Brief Introduction as follows :-

Profile Name --> Nanotech
Location --> Cupertino , CA
Assets --> Z650
Date of Purchase --> 06/23/18

Excited to be a part of the forum !!!

Thanks .....