Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Z650
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang,
I've owned my 2020 Z650 since September last year and have put about 4,500 miles on it. I'm based out of Denver and I love to hit the canyons out of town as often as I can. I also have a beater KLR 650 for trail riding and to sate my desire for some mechanical projects. I've been lurking on the forum for a while, figured it's time to join!

A few minor mods I've done to this bike
-Ermax Wind Screen
-RaceTech Goldvalves + Springs (The Z650 front forks aren't bad, but this makes them GREAT out on the twisties)
-T-Rex racing frame sliders, front fork sliders, slider spools, and tail tidy
-Eazi-Grip tank pads
-Michelin Road 5's

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Awesome thanks for sharing. I have a 2020 650 that I’ve put about 7,000 miles on but I am feeling the urge to trade for a klr. I love riding in the street but I’d have more fun off road. Any thoughts on the KLRs reliability?

·
Registered
2020 Z650
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome thanks for sharing. I have a 2020 650 that I’ve put about 7,000 miles on but I am feeling the urge to trade for a klr. I love riding in the street but I’d have more fun off road. Any thoughts on the KLRs reliability?
Reliability is legendary on them with a few minor tweaks (like upgrading the balancing chain tensioner on older ones). I bought a first gen one (2007) with 29k miles on the clock, and it isn't uncommon to see people selling used ones with 30-50k miles. There are plenty of folks who have gotten 100k+ miles out of them, and everything you need to do to get them that far is WELL documented on the internet.

The bike itself makes about half the horsepower of the Z650, but it's still a lot of fun to ride around town (although thumper + 50/50 tires = loads of vibration on pavement).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts