Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!
recently purchased a brand new 2021 Ninja 650L(limited, Australia, we have power / weight ratio restriction) previously had a 250 i used to practice on.

i was wondering, what is the process in un-restricting these? given i get off my restrictions in a few months and i dont really want to trade it in for a standard 650 and pay an extra (roughly 3k + trade in $ ) if its a simple change.

i know previously (2016-ish) the restriction was a throttle stop and an ECU loop back plug under the seat, where you would just remove and all is good.

however on this 650L i can only find the throttle stop, no ECU loop back, i did see two plugs going into the chassis under the seat (not sure what this is for)
does anyone know if the ECU needs to be remapped or if there is a simple way to get this de-restricted.

thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys!
recently purchased a brand new 2021 Ninja 650L(limited, Australia, we have power / weight ratio restriction) previously had a 250 i used to practice on.

i was wondering, what is the process in un-restricting these? given i get off my restrictions in a few months and i dont really want to trade it in for a standard 650 and pay an extra (roughly 3k + trade in $ ) if its a simple change.

i know previously (2016-ish) the restriction was a throttle stop and an ECU loop back plug under the seat, where you would just remove and all is good.

however on this 650L i can only find the throttle stop, no ECU loop back, i did see two plugs going into the chassis under the seat (not sure what this is for)
does anyone know if the ECU needs to be remapped or if there is a simple way to get this de-restricted.

thanks!
Did you figure this out? I just got a 2017 and after ordering exhaust with headers I got an email from the company saying this bike will run lean from the factory. He said the exhaust will make it a little more also, they offered a remapping thru them for $500.00. After cursing with my fingers typing all caps I thought screw, I’m gonna install the exhaust anyway so I might as well figure out if he’s right. I have not messed with anything yet and just doing research. I found you and thought maybe you have figured it out. Not much about this bike out there. The engine seems weaker than other 600/650 bikes, never had a kawa! What I found was the BOOSTER CABLE and others like PAZAZZ OR PAZAAZ. Great reviews and plug n play with maps already there. What do you think? Where is idle screw? Is there a loop plug like 2016 models?
thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts