Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, so I got my Z650 when it had 650 miles on it, now it’s at 1200 miles, and i have this odd issue, when I decelerate and then get back on the gas I can hear a pop, sometimes when I coast to light and twitch the throttle it can happen too, any ideas? All the mechanical parts are stock as of right now

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey everyone, so I got my Z650 when it had 650 miles on it, now it’s at 1200 miles, and i have this odd issue, when I decelerate and then get back on the gas I can hear a pop, sometimes when I coast to light and twitch the throttle it can happen too, any ideas? All the mechanical parts are stock as of right now
Its common and normal. Its what happens when cold and hot air in your exhaust meet when excel/decel meet. The only cure is a tune and block off plates but you're bike is fine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
One technical complaint against the Z650 since it came out is the abrupt on/off nature of the throttle. As I have heard it explained, this is a result of the tuning needed to keep the engine below acceptable emissions levels. It's not really a problem except for those not used to it, and soon you'll adapt a smoother throttle technique, sort of a "feathering" of the throttle, and the nature of the fueling will become a pleasure -- and the incidence of "popping" will be greatly reduced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts