Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody got the Ohlins rear shock? I’ve not seen any threads so far of actual experience. This shock is the one really bad feature on the Z650, but this bike is a keeper for me so if the Ohlins makes a significant improvement then its worth it. There must be owners out there with them otherwise Ohlins wouldn’t market them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Has anybody got the Ohlins rear shock? I’ve not seen any threads so far of actual experience. This shock is the one really bad feature on the Z650, but this bike is a keeper for me so if the Ohlins makes a significant improvement then its worth it. There must be owners out there with them otherwise Ohlins wouldn’t market them.
WHat`s the problem with your shock as you would want to change it?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WHat`s the problem with your shock as you would want to change it?
The standard shock is fine on good surface roads, but very harsh on bumps and rougher roads. Having ridden on bikes previously that handle bumps alot better, I would like something more compliant. It's probably not the spring so much, but rather the lack of ability to control the damping and rebound speed of the shock. So as I intend to keep the bike long term, I figure I may as well fork out for the best available. However I'd still like to hear some feedback, to get first hand reviews.

·
Registered
62 Posts
the only advice on Olins I can give is that I had a ducati 1198 corse which had olins on it and that was superb. There`s a race shop near me who have a good reputation and one of the services they offer is setting z650 suspensions up to the rider, £70. May be worth a look at similar establishments where you live. I`m thinking of getting mine sorted + a flash and power commander fitted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts