Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being someone that has only owned 2 bikes since getting my license, i'm not the greatest person to be starting this thread but know there will be a lot of members here rocking impressive lists.

Those 2 bikes?... a 2013 CBR250R, a couple years later graduated to a 300R. Now I feel confident enough to get on the Z650.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My growing list is in the 'New Members Introduction' forum under the heading 'What bikes have you owned'....My Z is # 35.

·
Registered
94 Posts
One of my favorite old bikes was a 1969 Kawasaki 500 H1 triple, and I never got a pic of it until after I sold it to some squid. He ran it out of oil, and I got a picture of it in the shop with the cylinders off.

·
Registered
32 Posts
One of my favorite old bikes was a 1969 Kawasaki 500 H1 triple, and I never got a pic of it until after I sold it to some squid. He ran it out of oil, and I got a picture of it in the shop with the cylinders off.
I owned a '73 H2. That was an awful bike. Maybe the worst one I've ever owned. I think the 500 was probably the better bike.

·
Registered
83 Posts
YAMAHA- XV 920,XV1100,FJ1200 (two), FJR1300. HONDA-CBR600,VFR800 (2),KAWASAKI-GPZ600,ZZR1100 (2) SUZUKI-RF900,DIVERSION 900-DUCATI 600 MONSTER.-HARLEY DAVIDSON 1200SPORTSTER (2) HERITAGE SOFTAIL (2) DUECE, ROAD KING,V ROD.There have been others but cant recollect at the moment.

·
Registered
32 Posts
And finally, I sold this '94 Honda Magna to make up the cash difference when I bought the Z900. Probably the worst deal I ever made because I didn't like the Z900 at all after owning it for a short time.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
My previous bike was a 1992 Suzuki GS500E. Excellent motorcycle. I thought I would miss it when I traded up to the Z650, but the Z650 has taken the mantle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bought my first bike when I was 50. Started with a Suz. Intruder 250. Lasted only 3 weeks traded for a Suz 250 Bandit. Ah!! that's better. About 1 year traded to a Suz 1200 Bandit. I was living in the Northern Territory of Australia at the time, and, outside of built-up areas, there were no speed limits. I can still remember seeing 250kph on my speedo on one outback road.
Anyway, the local Suz dealer in Darwin and I had become good mates(surprise) and one day he called me to say that another of his customers had told him that the Suz TLS 1000 he had sold to him was creating problems for him:- his wife refused to pillion with him on the TLS, and would I be interested in swapping my 1200 for this bloke's TLS. Sure! straight swap, both near new.
p.s. if anyone is interested, I will continue this tale on another day. I have just been given an urgent matter to attend to.
My Ducati and Kawasaki days are still to come.
Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts