Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so just bought a z650 with the power commander v and two brothers exhaust already installed. Having zero understanding of any of this, I’m slowly catching up. My issue is, two maps were previously installed. One runs great, while the other chokes out fuel and studders when accelerating. I plugged in to PC and the numbers jump from +17 to -14 all over the place. Obviously something is wrong. I went to their website, but only two maps are available to download and neither apply. Being extremely new at this, can someone please advise me on where I can find maps for the power commander for my 2017.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wish I could be more helpful with it but I would just run it to a shop with a dyno and have them do a custom map thats what i did with mine

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would go with the standard map from dynojet site until you can take it to a shop with a dyno to make a custom map. I wouldn’t mess with it manually unless you know what you are doing.

The maps on the dynojet site are for your convenience. They simply upload the result from their own dyno lab tests. One time years ago I asked if they had a map with a yoshimura alpha exhaust. They asked me if it would be cool if I could come by their office in Las Vegas to put it in their dyno. I was honored, but I live in Maryland and wasn’t willing to make the trip. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Wish I could be more helpful with it but I would just run it to a shop with a dyno and have them do a custom map thats what i did with mine
I second this.
If you are going to spend the time and effort, might as well spend a little cash and get it done right!

I've been contemplating a Rapid Bike ECU (from Tremonte's thread) and getitng his map from Super Bike Unlimited...given that it self learns / adjusts over time is a nice feature!

49 Posts
Anyone selling a used rapid bike or power commander unit?
Btw, could anyone check if sku 17-042 (ninja 650) works fine on a z650? Dynojet website states that z650 model should be sku 17-072...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts