Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I’m picking up my brand new 2020 Z650 today. Has anyone installed a powerlet for charging the phone/gps?

My brother overseas bought a chinese made bike and that thing has USB port!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I added an Eklipse outlet to my Z650 -- one cigarette-lighter-type outlet, plus a USB port. Works well for phone, gps, i-pod, tire inflator, etc., etc.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I added an Eklipse outlet to my Z650 -- one cigarette-lighter-type outlet, plus a USB port. Works well for phone, gps, i-pod, tire inflator, etc., etc.
Thanks for the info. Are there instructions on how to install it step by step and where to hook up to switched power?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for the info. Are there instructions on how to install it step by step and where to hook up to switched power?
It's simple. The wires attach directly to the battery and it has its own in-line fuse and switch. Just decide where you want the unit, mount it, and then route the wire under the tank and to the battery.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's simple. The wires attach directly to the battery and it has its own in-line fuse and switch. Just decide where you want the unit, mount it, and then route the wire under the tank and to the battery.
I don’t want to connect it directly to the battery. I want to tap into set of wires that are powered when the engine is running. I’ll use positaps to tap into those wires.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
14 Posts
No? I've had a USB on my sae for years and never had issues unless it's just an old battery. Never heard of anyone having issues either. I also have led body kit lights plugged in permanently and never had problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts