Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I reached out to Puig and asked them if there is a taller windshield than their new generation windshield fir naked bikes that I have right now on my 2020 Z650. They responded and recommended 9987H windshield and sent me three dealers in the USA. I sent an email to two of the dealers however, they haven’t responded yet.

Has anyone here have this windshield?

The reason I’m looking for a taller windshield is because at sustained 75 - 80 mph highway speed, at the end of the ride, my neck hurts due to the wind pressure on my fullface helmet. My current windshield only protects up to my upper chest area and I’m 5’-6.5”.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just did a quick Google search because I would also be interested in a larger screen, this 9987H shows it fits the 17-19 bikes but not the 20 and up. Let us know how it turns out!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I reached out to PuigUSA, I specifically wrote that I have a 2020 Kawasaki Z650 and asked for a recommended “taller’ windshield. The response was a 9987H and sent me possible dealers to order from. Plus, I don’t think there’s much difference between the 2019 and 2020.

I will definitely update this thread when I get the windshield.

·
Registered
12 Posts
When I reached out to PuigUSA, I specifically wrote that I have a 2020 Kawasaki Z650 and asked for a recommended “taller’ windshield. The response was a 9987H and sent me possible dealers to order from. Plus, I don’t think there’s much difference between the 2019 and 2020.

I will definitely update this thread when I get the windshield.
Updated plizz😅

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: The 9987H (light smoke version) is on 3-months backorder. So I asked motovationusa.com to order the dark smoke 9987F.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys, there it is! It arrived tonight and I installed it. The right side mount is a pain but it still doable. I haven’t tightened the mounts yet. I want to take a look at it outside tomorrow in the daylight to make sure it looks okay. I removed the other small Puig screen but I left the mounting hardware that was piggy backed on the OEM dash screen - I’ll use it to mount my forward facing dash cam. Anyway, that’s the Puig 9987F (dark smoke) on my 2020 Z650.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Wheel
Plant Vehicle Wheel Automotive design Hood
Automotive tire Bicycle frame Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I mounted the old Puig over the new to compare. I haven’t test rode yet. It’s looks like it’s going to rain here.
Automotive tire Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting Handwriting

1 - 8 of 8 Posts