Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I installed an Eklipes Cobra power source on my bike. It has 2 power ports, a cigarette-lighter style and a USB. Very simple, as it uses a standard SAE battery pigtail -- what you'd use to attach a trickle charger. Hook it to the battery, run the wire to wherever you mount the unit, you're done. This unit has a switch on it, so you can use it whether the bike's running or not -- but I always switch it off whenever the bike's not running.

·
Registered
23 Posts
One pic. That's it, just to the left of the speedo. Alternatively it could probably be located on the frame. I don't have a phone to mount, but I "mount" my GPS and iPod on the tank in a heavy-duty Ziploc bag secured by magnets, which works just fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I wouldn't run the quad lock on this bike. I installed one, it's actually still on my Z650, but it destroys the phones. I had an Iphone 7 and after about a week the camera was ruined by vibration. I assumed it was just from the phone being older and going through **** and back on adventures. So I went out and got a brands new Iphone XR, half hour ride and the camera was toast was the vibration. It messes with the autofocus, so sometimes the camera will work and others it can't focus and will grind. Maybe this doesn't happen on non Iphones? And maybe the Ram type mounts have enough rubber between the phone and handlebar to limit the vibration, but the Quadlock absolutely destroys them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts