Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Question here, has anyone put a radiator guard on your z650 or do you think it would be a good thing to add? I found one made by R&G for $65 but wanted to know your opinions before spending the money. I would assume where one intends to ride would play some role in the importance of having one. I mainly will be riding my bike around town and on the freeway (no major gravel truck routes or anything).

Thanks.

- Nate

·
Registered
264 Posts
With the way the Z650 likes to run on the warm side, I personally wouldn't want to add anything that could potentially restrict airflow. As long as it didn't do that, it would be a nice addition.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I put the genuine Kawasaki accessory guard on mine, just for peace of mind. Don't really need a rock directly hitting the radiator. It's kinda like buying the security system after the burglary.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've used R & G and Cox brand radiator guards on other bikes, and none obstructed air flow to the point of overheating. I would think that sales would plummet on these items if they did. Even Kawasaki makes their own, so must think it is even slightly useful in protecting the expensive radiator. I have also made my own; they all protect the radiator, and Kawasaki provided it with 4 mounting tabs to make it easy to mount.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I really don't think you'd have much to worry about with the guard restricting air flow as I'm sure that's all been tested prior to them released said product. But, I think it's always great to have one just because why take the risk to get caught without one? Pros outweigh the cons, and if it saves you from a ton of rocks, it potentially paid itself off

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All valid points everyone, I'm going to go through with purchasing one. Cheers for the feedback.

·
Registered
231 Posts
All valid points everyone, I'm going to go through with purchasing one. Cheers for the feedback.
Which one will you be purchasing? Unfortunately the link you provided isn't working so I'm really unable to tell which product it is haha.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Which one will you be purchasing? Unfortunately the link you provided isn't working so I'm really unable to tell which product it is haha.
Oh sorry lol. I'll be purchasing the one by R&G.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts