Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to raise the handlebar? my hands get too tired after a long ride because I’m forward leaning riding position. I want to adjust the handlebar so I kinda sitting up position.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone tried to raise the handlebar? my hands get too tired after a long ride because I’m forward leaning riding position. I want to adjust the handlebar so I kinda sitting up position.
I swapped the bar on mine because my wrists weren't comfortable with the rake. As far as raising it, there isn't really an option for a bar riser due to how the handlebar is mounted. The cabling for the controls also doesn't have a ton of length to account for swapping to a higher bar. You may be able to pivot the bar some in the mount and achieve what you are searching for, but there isn't a ton of adjustment there.

If you are a newer (or slightly out of shape- no judgement it happens to us all) rider, focusing on improving your core strength so you can hold your upper body up with your legs and not put so much weight on the handlebars can really help alleviate your issue as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I swapped the bar on mine because my wrists weren't comfortable with the rake. As far as raising it, there isn't really an option for a bar riser due to how the handlebar is mounted. The cabling for the controls also doesn't have a ton of length to account for swapping to a higher bar. You may be able to pivot the bar some in the mount and achieve what you are searching for, but there isn't a ton of adjustment there.
I guess I’m stuck with my current riding position.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I guess I’m stuck with my current riding position.
You could try rotating the bar in the mount some, it may help. If that doesn't do it, a bar swap may fix your problem, just be aware that finding the right bar can be really difficult as comparing online is near impossible. Around me most shops stocked only dirt bike bars, but I got lucky seeing a bar online in a picture (on a different bike) that looked like it would work, and I have been happy with it so far.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably not ergonomically positioned for my wrist because rotating it up will shift the angle of the grip.

This forward position will surely strengthen my arms in no time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts