Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Z650RS, which I believe has the same rear suspension as all the recent Z650 models. I see that it has changed from the 06 Ninja 650 that I used to own in that it has a shock linkage rather than the direct-to-swingarm type of the old model. This is a definite improvement as that direct type was too stiff at the softest setting and too soft at the hardest setting when riding two-up.

Another advantage of the linked shock is that it is possible to lower the seat height without having to buy a shorter shock. The usual way to do this is to change the length of the "dogbones", but this set up also has a rocker arm, which I believe is what is replaced when buying a lowering kit. What I am curious about is the hole in the rocker arm in the picture below. It seems to serve no purpose except perhaps to change the ride height, but I don't know enough about how the geometry of the suspension works to know if changing the pivot point to this hole will raise or lower the seat height. Does anyone have an idea of what this hole is for?
Tire Crankset Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle

1 - 1 of 1 Posts