Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a 230km jaunt I get home to find a small nail in the back tyre. Its about an inch long and appears to have gone in sideways on the lean angle of the tyre. It was not in the tread grove. Pulled the nail and no air loss. Seems to have gone in at a shallow angle.
Opinions please
1. Get rid of the dunlop sportmax d214s.
2. If no pressure loss, risk it (personally not keen) and keep them on.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi, I do not want to run dunlop sportmax d214s again, rather have better tyres like Michelin Road 5s or Pirelli Angel GTs. Also I like to have both tyres matching for obvious reasons.
You are right, I was told to replace the OEM Dunlop tires for the Pirelli or the Michelin Road 5, which are the ones that my Honda CB500F came with. I have put like 17K miles on the CB500F and they are still like the first day I got the bike brand new. The Michelin Road 5 are excellent tires.

Set of 2 $377.00 from UK and $445.00 here at the States.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi, I do not want to run dunlop sportmax d214s again, rather have better tyres like Michelin Road 5s or Pirelli Angel GTs. Also I like to have both tyres matching for obvious reasons.
I agree with you. I think the OEM tyres were not great, especially in the wet. Even in the dry they seemed vague when pushed. I've now got the Angel GT 2's and love them. World of difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts