Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Z650
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case anyone is interested, I was riding out in the mountains over the weekend far away from civilization and my low-gas light came on. By some stroke of luck, I was able to ride 20 miles over the incline and declines of the twisty mountain roads at around 40-50 mph mostly in 6th gear and make it to a gas station. Pretty sure the bike was running on fumes by the end but something to note in case you were wondering.

Reactions: johnnydelray

·
Registered
9 Posts
In case anyone is interested, I was riding out in the mountains over the weekend far away from civilization and my low-gas light came on. By some stroke of luck, I was able to ride 20 miles over the incline and declines of the twisty mountain roads at around 40-50 mph mostly in 6th gear and make it to a gas station. Pretty sure the bike was running on fumes by the end but something to note in case you were wondering.
The tank is supposed to have 4Litres (close to 1 gallon) of fuel left in the tank when the light comes on, so I would have thought you'd get another 40 miles comfortably. Haven't tried it though!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes, your luck was that you had plenty of gas to make the 20 miles. Little blinking gas pump with one block still on means about 1 gal.US left. If I had 40+ miles left to go I'd start riding very gently and nervously -- but 20 miles, no sweat.

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Z650
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The tank is supposed to have 4Litres (close to 1 gallon) of fuel left in the tank when the light comes on, so I would have thought you'd get another 40 miles comfortably. Haven't tried it though!!
Yes, your luck was that you had plenty of gas to make the 20 miles. Little blinking gas pump with one block still on means about 1 gal.US left. If I had 40+ miles left to go I'd start riding very gently and nervously -- but 20 miles, no sweat.
Good to know, I must've missed that part in the manual!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts