Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Z650 '18
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!!

I just got my new exhaust recently and I'm about to install it this weekend on my Z650, but from what I've heard/read, its pretty common to get a CE-Light due the O2-sensor throwing an error once you exchangeyour exhaust.

I'm already aware that you can manually reset the CE by letting the bike idle for a while and riding it at a certain speed (and repeating the process), but i was wondering if its dangerous for the engine? (riding the bike with a CE). I could have it reset (in case it causes an error) from a Kawa tech, but that will take at least a month since they are booked out...

If people have some experience with this topic I'd love to hear some advices/suggestions in case I'll run into problems!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello everyone!!

I just got my new exhaust recently and I'm about to install it this weekend on my Z650, but from what I've heard/read, its pretty common to get a CE-Light due the O2-sensor throwing an error once you exchangeyour exhaust.

I'm already aware that you can manually reset the CE by letting the bike idle for a while and riding it at a certain speed (and repeating the process), but i was wondering if its dangerous for the engine? (riding the bike with a CE). I could have it reset (in case it causes an error) from a Kawa tech, but that will take at least a month since they are booked out...

If people have some experience with this topic I'd love to hear some advices/suggestions in case I'll run into problems!!
If the O2 sensor isn't functioning properly the engine will run rich with fuel. I don't think it will hurt anything but you will see reduced fuel mileage. I installed a Delkevic exhaust on mine and it didn't make the check engine light come on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts