Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I installed both a Smart Turn System, self-cancelling turn signal kit and a Smart Brake Module on the Z650. No more forgetting to turn those indicators off! And no more giving false signals to other drivers! Here's the install process, and I've also got a few modules to give away, so WATCH and WIN!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Today I installed both a Smart Turn System, self-cancelling turn signal kit and a Smart Brake Module on the Z650. No more forgetting to turn those indicators off! And no more giving false signals to other drivers! Here's the install process, and I've also got a few modules to give away, so WATCH and WIN!

Thanks to your video. I installed both the STS and SBM yesterday to my 2020 Z650. It took me longer to install the STS because I reversed the crimping of the male and female bullet connectors! I had to remove them and go out and buy bullet connectors and after three hours, I was out and test rode. I mounted a camera at the back of the bike to see the brake light. Everything works! Although, it seems to me that after a turn, the turn signal cancels too soon. Does the STS module need to be mounted level and in forward direction of the bike? There’s no place to mount the module in the direction as recommended because it’s so tight under there. Well, at least no more forgetting to cancel the turn signal.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki Z650
7 Posts
Hello, After I saw your video a couple of months ago, I order and instal the ST2 Smart Turn System module on my brand new Kawasaki Z650 2021 I'm not getting any response from Smart-Turn support and I'm wondering if you or someone else can help me. I connect the wiring how you explain with your video. When I turn on the switch indicators flashes ( left first and after right ) how is suppose to be! But when I press left or right signal ( with engine on and off ) Nothing! No left turn, no right turn, no dash indicators! that means no indicators!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello, After I saw your video a couple of months ago, I order and instal the ST2 Smart Turn System module on my brand new Kawasaki Z650 2021 I'm not getting any response from Smart-Turn support and I'm wondering if you or someone else can help me. I connect the wiring how you explain with your video. When I turn on the switch indicators flashes ( left first and after right ) how is suppose to be! But when I press left or right signal ( with engine on and off ) Nothing! No left turn, no right turn, no dash indicators! that means no indicators!
Let us Know how you get on. Maybe one of the snap connectors not making contact with the internal wire to get power check for continuity with a meter. It`s almost always pilot error.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki Z650
7 Posts
Let us Know how you get on. Maybe one of the snap connectors not making contact with the internal wire to get power check for continuity with a meter. It`s almost always pilot error.
I cut the snap connectors and i make a clean connection with the cables
The wiring connection,
To Fuse:
Yellow/Gray - Blue/Orange - Green - Green
To Switch:
White.Gray - Brown/Orange Purble/Green

Black Ground
Red Power ( I try after to get power straight from battery and from other power-source and still the same problem )

As i wrote before when I turn on the switch the indicators flashes ( left first and after right ) how is suppose to be!
After that when I press left or right signal or hazard light buttons nothing works.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The wiring connection,
To Fuse:
To Switch:

Black Ground
Red Power ( I try after to get power straight from battery and from other power-source and still the same problem )

As i wrote before when I turn on the switch the indicators flashes ( left first and after right ) how is suppose to be!
After that when I press left or right signal or hazard light buttons nothing works.
Hi, I looked just now on amazon and I`m afraid to say the feedback left on these units was less than impressive. It would seem that the distributor/manufacturers don`t answer any requests for help or indeed any other queries. I was up for buying one of these but now I`m having second thoughts. Good luck mate.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The wiring connection,
To Fuse:
To Switch:

Black Ground

Did you use the bullet connectors? Using them makes it easy to return to normal blinker operation in case that unit you have is DOA!

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki Z650
7 Posts
Did you use the bullet connectors? Using them makes it easy to return to normal blinker operation in case that unit you have is DOA!
I reconnect the cables how they was to be sure that don't have any issue and I remove completely the STS module because they don't answer to my emails for 2 weeks now!

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki Z650
7 Posts
Hi, I looked just now on amazon and I`m afraid to say the feedback left on these units was less than impressive. It would seem that the distributor/manufacturers don`t answer any requests for help or indeed any other queries. I was up for buying one of these but now I`m having second thoughts. Good luck mate.
I send to the company 2-3 mails I also contact them and trough there facebook page but I didn't get any replay for 3 weeks now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I send to the company 2-3 mails I also contact them and trough there facebook page but I didn't get any replay for 3 weeks now.
As you say Andros that`s not good. It would seem the feedback on amazon was correct. I really feel for you mate having paid out to be left with a useless box. Maybe the Introduction piece should be taken down to save others the same fate as yourself, though that does not help you. Maybe the mods on here may be able to help Sorry I can`t be more help.
regards,
Paul

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki Z650
7 Posts
As you say Andros that`s not good. It would seem the feedback on amazon was correct. I really feel for you mate having payed out to be left with a useless box. Maybe the Introduction piece should be taken down to save others the same fate as yourself, though that does not help you. Maybe the mods on here may be able to help Sorry I can`t be more help.
regards,
Paul
The funny thing is that I order from them I was waiting 3 months they didn't send it, I ask for tracking number no response. I claim through PayPal and after that they response and they refund me with the excuse that they send! I order again, because many time I forgot to switch off my signal lights so I really need that item, They send it after a month with not any instructions so i search whole internet to find the cable colours for my bike an how to connect it ( Tremonte Video helps a lot ) but its faulty! Not any after sale customer service! So don't risk it to order from them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts