Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi!
Sorry, not sure if the words in english are the right ones.

Do you notice a different sound when you lay down to the left side? when I turn to the left at mid revs 5k-6k I can hear a fast "clac-clac-clac". Everything works perfectly, but I only hear it when I bow the bike to the left...

Am I the only one? (2021 Z, 3000km, 1900 miles)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep. Oil is almost full. All other indicators ok, bike runs like hell.. just the sound... :unsure:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can take my bike out(2020 z650) this week if the weather is okey and test that. Is the sond in every gear?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Maybe you're hearing sound from the chain. If it lacks lubrication, it can make noise. When riding in a straight line, if I swivel my left knee outward, I can sometimes hear the chain.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Maybe you're hearing sound from the chain. If it lacks lubrication, it can make noise. When riding in a straight line, if I swivel my left knee outward, I can sometimes hear the chain.
Yea a +1 on this. My Z's chain has become slack twice now, somehow from the axle and tension adjuster working themselves a bit loose. Got to make sure they're torqued up properly and loctite etc. because doubtful it's stretched at 3000km. Anyway just check the play in the chain first, I can't imagine that noise would be anything else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts