Kawasaki Z650 banner

Spinning bar weight/end

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  strangekru 
#1 · (Edited)
Hii!

i just bought a z650 and am encountering the “spinning end” problem. I can’t quite find a solution. I came across it after trying to install Rizoma bar end mirrors. My stock and aftermarket ends also spin with what seems to be the entire inside weighted, threaded apparatus. The silver clips and cylindrical black piece they clip into do NOT rotate. The flat black piece that fits the adapter, as well as the entire bolt, do.
If I just omit the adapter, it doesn’t have anything to grab onto and twist, but then it seems to lock my throttle once tight.

Looking for even an explanation of if it’s by design to have the bar weights spin.. or if somethings broken. I’d like to have an understanding before I say eff it and buy all new weights or handlebars.

Thank you!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I made a plastic spacer for mine.
Got cheap ones from Amazon and they would spin on one side and stick on the throttle side like a Cruz controll that's trying to kill ya.
So I found plastic washers from a TV mounting set and carved them to insert into bar ends just enough but still stick out and allow pressure to tighten the bar ends up to.

#4 ·
I made a plastic spacer for mine. Got cheap ones from Amazon and they would spin on one side and stick on the throttle side like a Cruz controll that's trying to kill ya. So I found plastic washers from a TV mounting set and carved them to insert into bar ends just enough but still stick out and allow pressure to tighten the bar ends up to.
Anyway you can provide pictures? Thanks