Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've noticed this for a while and have had no issues, just something that's bugging me now as I can't seem to find an answer to the issue. When I pull in my clutch lever (engine off as there's no way you'd hear it when it's running) I hear a squeaking noise every time I pull the lever in. It sounds like it's coming from the clutch wire. I've got the right amount of free play in the lever itself so not sure what the noise could be stemming from. My guess is it's normal because there are no other issues associated with it, but I also don't want it to be a sign of the wire about to snap. The wire itself under the black rubber piece looks fine too. I've put 10,200 miles on this bike so not sure if that is playing a role. Not letting me post a video into this thread so not sure how to give a proper visual representation of this other than a screenshot showing the component making the squeaking noise.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just did mine the other day, only took a few minutes. Not a full clutch cable flush but enough that lubricant came out the other end of the cable. Didn’t have any issues before but it definitely feels better now. If that is where your squeak is from, easy fix.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just did mine the other day, only took a few minutes. Not a full clutch cable flush but enough that lubricant came out the other end of the cable. Didn’t have any issues before but it definitely feels better now. If that is where your squeak is from, easy fix.
Usually the problem is the inner plastic lining is starting to break up A little oil will help for a while and then usually when the oil penetrates the damages lining the whole thig stars to fowl inside. It`s much more expedient to change a cable than to risk a failure as in my experience it rarely happens at home. I hope your lucky and that you get away with it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Usually the problem is the inner plastic lining is starting to break up A little oil will help for a while and then usually when the oil penetrates the damages lining the whole thig stars to fowl inside. It`s much more expedient to change a cable than to risk a failure as in my experience it rarely happens at home. I hope your lucky and that you get away with it.
On a ‘19 though? Seems early for cable liner to be failing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts