Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so tonight I have been trying to remove my bar ends, but for the life of me I can't seem to get those suckers off. I heated the end bolt for multiple durations ranging up to 10 minutes but every time I attempt to remove the bar end the entire weight stays with it and start to come out as one piece.

I watched Tremonte's video and followed his instructions, minus the impact driver as I didn't have one.

Has anyone had this issue or what have you done to successfully remove these bar ends.

Cheers.

Edit: do you really need the weights in the bars? I know they are supposed to reduce vibrations, but how effective are they really?

·
Registered
264 Posts
If the bar weights are freely spinning, you may as well take them all the way out. You can put them back in, but will need a new expansion bushing. Not sure if Kawasaki sells those separate. Geno said he didn't feel a huge difference when he pulled his entire weights out. Try to send him a message and see if that's still true.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Try knocking it back in the bar a bit and continue pulling it out. Mine actually came out pretty easy with just a bit of a heat gun aimed at it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, I'll definitely ask Geno about that. I appreciate the help man.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try knocking it back in the bar a bit and continue pulling it out. Mine actually came out pretty easy with just a bit of a heat gun aimed at it.
Ah yes, I failed to mention that the weight is freely spinning and therefore inhibiting my efforts to unscrew the bar end even when I keep pushing it back in.

·
Super Moderator
316 Posts
Would I still need to heat up the screw because of the red threadlock? Or will the force be with me, as is. This Red threadlock debacle is what has me hesitant to buy the mirrors.

·
Registered
94 Posts
That impact driver just might help, I have used them successfully in the past. I am not sure you can get an allen head attachment for them, though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts