Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just new to the forum.
I have a pearl white z650 and been starting to do some minor modifications on the esthetics.

Here's my question/problem, when I was doing a mockup of my new tail tidy setup, I short circuited the cables for the license plate light and I think I have blown a fuse cuz neither the licence plate light, tail light, brake light or horn is now working. I have been looking around for the fuse but I cannot locate it the bike and my manual doesn't mention it (manual is Thai and I don't know how to read it).
Can someone please help me locate the fuse for the lights?

Happy riding!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Under the left side, front plastics, next to the ignition switch. The fuse box is there. Watch the first part of my tank removal video, or the LED light kit install, and you will see where they are located.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Tremonte and Geno Horri for the quick answers, I found it after following the video, even though i wonder how you got out the push rivets so easily :)

I replaced the fuse with one of the spares and tail light is back on. How ever a new problem has surfaced; the hazard is not working anymore, it flashes once (all four indicators and the display), then stops straight away and none of the indicators will work unless i shut off the bike and then put on the ignition without touching the hazard button.

I just installed LED indicators with 25W 8.2ohm resistors connected to each and everyone and there is no hyper flash, but still the hazard wont work. Any idea why?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Turn signal flasher relay is located on the right side, just forward of the gas tank, above the rectifier/regulator. Remove the right middle fairing to access.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts