Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ho,

I am new here and I got the Kawa Z650. I am a beginner on motorcycles, but what I noticed: Bad feeling in wrist on the gasside. I have small hands. I think thicker handgrips can fix that. But where can I get these? How can I find out if it'll fit to my bike? What do I have to consider?

Best greez from germany!
Fin

Feel free to place this post in correct corner if this category is not the right one + sorry + thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The foam grip coverings helped me also. You need the ones for 7/8" bars if you have the original handlebars. You can get them on Amazon or probably any motorcycle gear shop. Try not to squeeze the throttle any tighter than necessary and also try to change the position of your hand and wrist every few minutes. On longer rides, I will take one or two fingers off the throttle and rest them on top of the brake lever changing fingers every few minutes and also change the angle of my wrist once in a while. On longer trips an inexpensive throttle lock or palm style grip assist - either is about $15 - is a must for me to keep my throttle hand from cramping. Those devices do not work perfectly and take a little figuring out, but they will let you take your hand off the throttle for 15-30 seconds at a time and then let you grip the throttle much lighter when you have to hold it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts