Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 2019 Z650 and got over ambitious and installed my Delkevic exhaust at only 350 miles. I'm worried that I might do some damage to the bike if I run it without tuning it. But all the reflashes and tunners are out of the picture right now due to other financial obligations. Should I just suck it up and put it back to stock or will I be fine for the time being? I also found a cheap tunner but I haven't seen anyone talk about it so I'm curious if it is even worth the money?BoosterPlug Kawasaki Z650 (2017 - 2019)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I asked an exhaust guy and he said it’s fine unless you hear it sounding like it needs a tune. Definitely go get it tuned once you are completely done installing performance upgrades.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I asked an exhaust guy and he said it’s fine unless you hear it sounding like it needs a tune. Definitely go get it tuned once you are completely done installing performance upgrades.
Thank you I love the way it sounds and I feel that it is safer so people can actually hear you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you I love the way it sounds and I feel that it is safer so people can actually hear you.
i completely agree, full yoshi exhast, the thing sounds super mean for a 650. i usually would not think about tricking out a naked 650 but it sounds and looks so good i have to.

·
Registered
19 Posts
so i took our bike to get flashed and tuned, runs so much better. even though i do not think its a problem to run it without, i really recommend it. changes the engine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so i took our bike to get flashed and tuned, runs so much better. even though i do not think its a problem to run it without, i really recommend it. changes the engine
What did you have to buy to get the bike flashed and tuned?

·
Registered
19 Posts
What did you have to buy to get the bike flashed and tuned?
Nothing! I took it into super bike unlimited here in N.C., and they have what is needed to flash and apply a tune! It runs so much better without the need for any extra equipment, I have been told it runs cleaner then you can get it with the power commander type stuff. Cost is a bit more at $500

its running great. If it wasn’t a 650 I would dyno it lol. I’m finding it has waay more pop. But interestingly enough, the red line dropped about 1000 or 2000 rpm. (Meaning now it kinda flutters if u rev past 8500 rpm,it used todo that at 9500 or more (actual redline). I don’t care though, because 7000 8000 is so much more engaging it feel like redline.
It’s fun

1 - 7 of 7 Posts