Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I just purchased a brand new 2019 Z650 ABS from a dealer and have rode it for about a week so far and about 50 miles. Love the bike but I'm noticing an odd sound when I roll off the throttle and let the engine brake. It's really hard to describe the sound but it sounds like some kind of whooshing/brushing noise. It does goes away when I pull in the clutch. I took a clip of me riding today which has many instances of this happening.
. Multiple examples of this sound at all of these timestamps:

0:26-0:27
0:59-1:00
1:05-1:06
1:08

Has anyone experienced this sound like this before? Really hoping it's normal given that it's a brand new bike.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I played your video a few times and hear the noise and I feel my bike made a similar noise when it was new too, maybe more constant when decelerating / engine braking, but similar and seems to have gone away after first couple oil changes. I also had a lot of valvetrain noise in the first 500 miles or so, which also went away after the first oil change - not sure if related or not. I would monitor if it is getting better or worse over the next 100-200 miles, if it is getting worse then I'd go back to the dealer.

ps - congrats on the bike, you'll love it :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to hear. I'm still far from my 600 first service so I'll cross my fingers and hope it'll go away by then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts