Kawasaki Z650 banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my Z a couple days ago and love the bike so far! I was curious what others paid for theirs. I paid $7700 out the door. I now realize I could have done better considering 2018 model years are almost here, but overall im satisfied with that price. What did y'all pay?

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's funny, I was thinking about posting a similar thread yesterday but it looks like I was beat to it! So I ended up working a deal with my local dealer since I was able to find one elsewhere cheaper and they wanted to earn my business. I picked up my '17 Z650 ABS for $7300 OTD. I was originally going to get the non-ABS for $7000 OTD but reconsidered since I figured the ABS might be a nice feature to have.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I got mine $7500 without ABS and a free helmet. I wish I got some of those better deals but the other dealer I went to said 8k was the lowest they'd go and I would be crazy not to take it lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got mine $7500 without ABS and a free helmet. I wish I got some of those better deals but the other dealer I went to said 8k was the lowest they'd go and I would be crazy not to take it lol.
Yea, most of the ones around me were at ~$8100 non-ABS. . Crazy. .

·
Registered
48 Posts
Are you guys including tax in your OTD price? I just picked one up last night for $7399 OTD as well that included taxes and doc fees that you have to pay in CO.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In Germany it costs 7000 euros. But I paid 6350 because they had a special offer..if you have your bike licence since less than a year, you pay -1 euro per cc.. so minus 650 Euros for me =). Taxes are included.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just Picked Mine up lastnight , $6,728 OTD Was $7,378 OTD but i qualified for the $650 for 650cc credit from Kawi for previously owning a Ninja 300. Bike was bought from Naults Powersports in Windham NH

·
Registered
7 Posts
**** i got ripped off then I paid $9,000 out the door. I was told $7,800 total for bike and the shipping was like $900 and cost to put it together was the rest. There wasn't anyone around my area within a 100 miles that had the white one. I just fell in love and had to have it lol. Paying $140 a month tho. Not bad. I live in Cali tho so tax is no joke.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Any Canadians want to chime in? I'd like to hear your OTD price. I paid $94XX CAD OTD for a ABS model in June. I believe that works out to be about $7700 - $7800 USD? That's more than what most of you paid in USD. I didn't get a single $1 discount which was a disappointment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
With full embarrassment, I'm sharing this story so someone else will help themselves.

I'm a totally new to riding, only have had my M1 Permit in Cali for a few weeks. I had done tons of research on the Z650 and knew that was the bike I needed to start with. So, after working out with the wife what we wanted to spend on bike, we went down to our local Delamo dealership.

Without really knowing much on this side of things, regarding what I should have included with the bike, ie; extended maintenance, GPS, dealership priority maintenance (non-cancel), an outrageous finance fee (for an 750-800 credit score), I was too excited about the bike.

Granted I do have a bunch of warranties on the bike (transferable 1 time) and the GPS with app/notifications I'm still feeling a little burnt. Learn by Burn.
We could have purchased the bike outright, but concerned about dropping that $$$ on it OTD, now costs us nearly double.

Cost: $16K.
Please be kind when replying, I'm new, learning and willing to share this story with others.

I love my bike though! Just wish I would have saved some money for mods! <- that is the true pain.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I feel I got a fair deal from my dealership. I just got my z650 (non ABS) the end of last month (October). I got the dealership to 7200 OTD (Tax, title and license). Love the bike so far

1 - 20 of 56 Posts