Kawasaki Z650 banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
- The bike is very beginner friendly while fun to ride
- looks super cool
- the power is very linear over the full RPM range, no surprises.
- Price is very good, even though it cost the same on the paper as MT07, since it is not that popular you can negotiate better deal. I saved almost 2k because I took 2017 model in April of 2018, while for MT07 there was no discount possible (in 3 different dealership)

Dislikes:

vibration in handlebars sucks, but with every mile it gets smoother and smoother (I am at 800 miles now). On the begging it was really bad, after 600 miles I really felt like it is getting much better.

height - I am 5'11''/180cm and this bike is bother line doable. Could be advantage for shorter riders

accessories - it is not that popular bike so there is less stuff to choose from.

·
Registered
Z650 - 2018
4 Posts
The ideal Z650 should be just a bit bigger and the seat a bit taller, they should raise the engine power 75bhp harder front suspension and finally a 180 rear tire. Then it would be the perfect 650cc

·
Registered
31 Posts
The ideal Z650 should be just a bit bigger and the seat a bit taller, they should raise the engine power 75bhp harder front suspension and finally a 180 rear tire. Then it would be the perfect 650cc
I think you're describing the MT07, except for the suspension. But at that point, there would be pretty much no product differentiation between the bike other than the looks.
However the front suspension on the Z needs work from factory, and that would surely be a plus over the competition.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts