Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting an exhaust I ordered on Amazon because I do not want to put 800 dlls down and the stock exhaust is too quiet for my safety.
I need to know what middle link adapter is compatible for 2017 z650 there is so many different models.
Thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uh, yeah.. the myth of loud pipes saving lives has been thoroughly debunked.
Uh, yeah.. the myth of loud pipes saving lives has been thoroughly debunked.
Personal experience I drive in Tijuana daily as well where the pace of driving is riskier unlike Southern California where people use turn signals and triple check.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I appreciate your experiences, but US drivers are crap at using indicators, or being observant in traffic, compared to where I come from (Europe. I live in the US now.) And none of what you say changes the act that loud pipes don't save lives.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I appreciate your experiences, but US drivers are crap at using indicators, or being observant in traffic, compared to where I come from (Europe. I live in the US now.) And none of what you say changes the act that loud pipes don't save lives.
No one said that with loud exhaust you're guaranteed safety, however you cannot state that it doesn't massively improve your chances of being noticed on the road, at least I hope that that's not what you're implying right now, because that's incorrect on so many levels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Actually, yes, I can state that. But there are all sorts of sources stating conflicting "facts" so this discussion is a waste of time. I will not put pipes on my bike which make me feel uncomfortable driving through my neighborhood late at night or early in the morning; I don't want to be that guy, and I certainly don't believe the "Loud Pipes Save Lives" trope. If you believe the opposite, be my guest; be that guy. All respectfully intended.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi, I am a bit confused with your question about middle link pipes as all the aftermarket exhaust systems I've seen for the Z650 are complete units, as is the standard one.
If it helps check out this topic Kawasaki Z650 Exhaust sound Top Speed and you'll get to hear what about 20 different aftermarket exhausts sound like.

As for having a loud exhaust equals safety I agree with Old Swede, though maybe it works a bit with pedestrians and cyclists providing they are not plugged into their smartphones and away in their own little worlds (in which case a cattle prod could be worth considering)

I am also a car driver and all I can say is that you tend to hear the loud exhaust when the bike is going or gone past you and not before.

Personally I agree the Z650s' standard exhaust is a bit too quite and needs to be enhanced

So the questions are how much louder should the exhaust be, can you live with the extra decibels day after day, and how much you are willing to spend.
Also having an aftermarket exhaust will not increase the resale value of your bike. So when you come to sell the 650 put the original back on and sell the aftermarket one separately is the best way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi, I am a bit confused with your question about middle link pipes as all the aftermarket exhaust systems I've seen for the Z650 are complete units, as is the standard one.
If it helps check out this topic Kawasaki Z650 Exhaust sound Top Speed and you'll get to hear what about 20 different aftermarket exhausts sound like.

As for having a loud exhaust equals safety I agree with Old Swede, though maybe it works a bit with pedestrians and cyclists providing they are not plugged into their smartphones and away in their own little worlds (in which case a cattle prod could be worth considering)

I am also a car driver and all I can say is that you tend to hear the loud exhaust when the bike is going or gone past you and not before.

Personally I agree the Z650s' standard exhaust is a bit too quite and needs to be enhanced

So the questions are how much louder should the exhaust be, can you live with the extra decibels day after day, and how much you are willing to spend.
Also having an aftermarket exhaust will not increase the resale value of your bike. So when you come to sell the 650 put the original back on and sell the aftermarket one separately is the best way.

Is the "extra" version available in the US which can be ordered in Europe? It has the full Akrapovic system and some other goodies.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is the "extra" version available in the US which can be ordered in Europe? It has the full Akrapovic system and some other goodies.
Th

Loud pipes save lives, no mistake, it's a motorcycle not a limousine lol.
20210405_124117.jpg

·
Registered
64 Posts
Because of the unique traffic patttern in our small town, two very common fatal-wreck scenarios involve logging trucks and freight trains hitting other vehicles -- and 99% of the time it's a vehicle pulling out in front of one or the other. Log trucks and trains are much bigger than bikes and far, far louder -- and in the case of trains, you KNOW what intersection you may meet them at, because the train can't go anywhere else. Loud pipes don't save lives. All they do is destroy ears and irritate neighbors.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Horses for courses I suppose, the Philippines traffic is different, no control over their fictional highway code. But hey that gives us lots of potential to enjoy freedom without cameras, speed traps, Vasscar, control and penalties.
So, in this environment, loud pipes save lives!
Take care, ride safe.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Because of the unique traffic patttern in our small town, two very common fatal-wreck scenarios involve logging trucks and freight trains hitting other vehicles -- and 99% of the time it's a vehicle pulling out in front of one or the other. Log trucks and trains are much bigger than bikes and far, far louder -- and in the case of trains, you KNOW what intersection you may meet them at, because the train can't go anywhere else. Loud pipes don't save lives. All they do is destroy ears and irritate neighbors.
*Also loud pipes sound better then stock "scooter" exhausts
😂

1 - 12 of 12 Posts