Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Just picked up my '19 Z650 yesterday. I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max and am on the lookout for a good phone mount. I've read concerning reviews online though that the newer iPhone models have sensitive cameras in terms of the vibrations, even with vibration dampeners. I'm currently eyeing a Quadlock with a vibration dampener, but would love some positive reviews for that phone + mount + bike setup beforehand.

Does anyone have any experience with z650 + iphone 13 mounting and can comment whether the phone survives?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My experience indicates that a $50 Motorola from Walmart will hold up to over a year's worth of banging around in a cheapo handlebar phone mount, with no sign of any problem.

My conclusion is that "You get what you pay for" may be true, but not necessarily always a good thing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Unfortunately, I went through three cameras under warranty because of this. I just stopped mounting my phone. What a crap design on apples part - this didn’t happen until I got the iPhone 12. Attached is picture of the mount I used.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
My buddy has an iPhone and after a very short time of being mounted on a handlebar mount his pictures are all fuzzy now. Me I have a Tracfone LG something that is mounted on my handlebars with a cheap Amazon clamp-on mount. After almost two years it still takes great pictures.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts