Kawasaki Z650 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering trading my current bike for a Z650RS, but I have a question I can't seem to find an answer for on the internet.

The only thing I dislike about the Z650RS is the exhaust. In my opinion, as a retro bike, it really needs a proper retro dual exhaust. Preferably in chrome, of course.

I've seen pics of this model with chrome duals , but I can't find any aftermarket pipes that I can buy. Maybe its a European thing. I live in Tucson, AZ.

You guys have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Brian

·
Registered
1992 ZX-7 2017 z650
88 Posts
I'd be surprised if they did make them. There's retro elements to the z650, sort of looks like a kz650, but there's a lot of modern elements too. I think it's more sport bike than throwback, and companies probably don't see an incentive in making a heavy exhaust for it. With the W800 available, there's even less incentive I think. The kz had a 4 into 2 iirc, so it sort of makes sense to do a 2 into 1 on the z 🤷‍♂️

I think a dual chrome exhaust setup would look a little anachronistic, but that's just me.

If you really want the dual chrome on the z, I'd call a couple muffler shops or custom bike shops and see what they could do (assuming there's no aftermarket system).

if you find any pictures of the z with dual exhaust, post them here. I'd like to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might have posted this to the wrong forum. I was asking about the Z650 "RS" model. That one is the retro version, and it just looks stupid all retro but with a stubby modern exhaust coming out from below.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New here. Also in Tucson. Sorry for digging up an old thread but just got this bike. I would love to have some retro looking bsa pipes on this. The maecatig vatier pipes from france are awesome, but all look custom made. If anyone else has pictures i would love to see them. Muzscorpion, where did you find your kit?

·
Registered
3 Posts
New here. Also in Tucson. Sorry for digging up an old thread but just got this bike. I would love to have some retro looking bsa pipes on this. The maecatig vatier pipes from france are awesome, but all look custom made. If anyone else has pictures i would love to see them. Muzscorpion, where did you find your kit?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts